What Is Pre-Start Health & Safety Review?
Pre-Start Health & Safety Review, which is also known as PSR, PHSR, PHSHR, Prestart and Phaser, came about on Oct.7, 2000, when the Ministry of Labour enacted legislation in Ontario under Section 7 of Regulation 851 For Industrial Establishments. Essentially, this was the Ministry of Labour requiring industry to engage the services of a professional engineer (or industrial hygienist) to review equipment or processes when any one of eight circumstances applied. These 8 circumstances are paraphrased as follows:
A Pre-Start Health & Safety Review must document the measures required for compliance with the relevant provisions of Regulation 851, detail any additional testing necessary prior to operation, and indicate any special safeguarding necessary during commissioning. The person submitting the pre-start health & safety review is expected to be a professional engineer who has affixed their seal on to the written report.
Advantages Of Hiring CCP Engineering For Pre-Start Health & Safety Review
- Our reports identify specific issues and detailed measures to achieve compliance. Competitors too often provide generic (copy & paste) reports that only recite the legislation without giving specific, practical solutions to the problems.
- Our reports are rich with illustrations and pictures to enhance readability and comprehension.
- Our engineers have performed industrial safety reviews since 2000.
- Our reports are consistent from one engineer to another, and report often undergo an internal peer review.
- Our resources allow us to respond quickly and our reports are delivered on a timely basis.
- Our engineers are highly experienced, allowing them to quickly understand the issues and cite multiple options that are practiced in the client’s specific industry.
- Our reviews are carried out by the professional engineer from start to finish. Some competitors send non-engineers to inspect the machinery and prepare the report for the engineer to stamp.
- Our rates are below the Professional Engineers of Ontario guideline for consulting fees.
- Our proposals are delivered quickly (and free of charge).
- We take the time to educate our clients on the requirements of a Pre-Start Health and Safety Review. Where applicable, we are able to demonstrate that a review is not necessary under the legislation.
- We offer free consultations on the requirements of the Legislation and current applicable Standards (1 hr session anywhere in the GTA). Please contact Nino Balbaa to schedule.
- We carry a very high level of professional liability insurance ($5 million) where other Consultants may only carry $250,000. We also carry coverage for 'Project Management'. See About Us for more details.
- We can follow up our audits with custom machine guard design and turnkey integrations.
- Our company is monitored and accredited by the Better Business Bureau and consistently maintains an excellent customer rating.
- Our regular Canadian clients include 3M, Pepsi, Hartmann, Teva, Roxul, Patheon, Hiram Walker and Sons, Prysmian, Parker Hannifin, Delsan-Aim, Aecon, COM DEV, CH2M Hill, etc.